Monday 28 October 2013

Re: Task 1a: Professional profile

Hi everyone

As I mentioned on one of my earlier posts about visiting the London Dance Programme; I highly recommend you all do so. I sent an email to them regarding feedback they could give me about my CV and they sent me a lovely email back, so helpful. They even attached two documents, both edited forms of my CV. Megan (who I actually have heard of as she's an ex pupil of Hammond my vocational college) was more than happy to help and encourage my professional journey! She was who answered my email.

In her email she mentioned to create your CV in a PDF form as this is more accessible, and to make sure the picture featured in my CV is a small jpeg.

Other pointers for enhancing my CV were as follows, these could apply to anyone:

  • It is not really necessary to include your home number, address, weight on your CV.
  • We end up sending our CV off to so many people so it is best to keep personal information as private as possible as you never know where it might end up. Mobile number and email is more than fine. 
  • Weight - if they request it specifically then you may send it, but legally the employer is not required to know/ask for performers weight. Do you have a full length photo that you could also send with your CV?
  • Do you sing? Want to send off for musicals? Include your vocal range on your CV
  • Do you have any dance examinations? RAD ballet? ISTD modern?

Here is how Megan edited my CV, I now have to apply some small changes and add on a few bits to enhance it even more see it on my flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/106867957@N08/10546800596/

Special thank you to Megan Preston, London Dance Programme.

Peace and love

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    I think it's great that this service is on offer! I hope their advice helps you get the job you want!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete